Hey, I'm back, sorry it's been so long since my last project but I have one here for you and would love to hear if you had a go and see the pictures of what you made :)
What you need
Polystyrene ball approx 2.5 to 3 inches in diametre
needle and thread
beads and embellishments
1. Work out how many you want to make then cut out a circle of fabric approximately 7-8 inches in diametre for each ball.
2. Take a polystyrene ball and brush lightly with pva glue and then wrap with a thin layer ( 1cm thick ) of wadding hold until it is starting to dry and continue with the rest.
3. Then using a needle and thread run a loose stitch around the edge of a fabric circle and place a ball in the centre, pull the needle and scrunch the fabric up around the ball and stitch the top making sure the ends are neatly tucked inside.
4. Then using all your scraps and embellishments, sew them all over the ball and add a loop of ribbon to the top so you can hang the item up.
5. you can add beads and buttons and many other things to decorate.
Tip: try not to overload the bauble, remember it needs to hang so it needs to be fairly light, also for a seasonal touch you can add little bells that will jingle when moved !
Monday, 25 October 2010
Saturday, 3 July 2010
This isn't really a how to make because they are ATC's which most of you are aware of how to make anyway but I thought I would post a few pics of the ATC tin I made and a couple of ATC's because I bought this lovely set of papers new out this month from Docrafts and got really excited that I have been devising projects to use them in... if you go over to my other blog Little Miss Crafty I will post in the next couple of weeks a couple of fun projects that you can purchase the 'how to make' from my Etsy site, so basically It will be a password to a blog where there are pictures and video of how to make a project, with info and tips (if I have any :) and also you get a free package of goodies to use in the project......
Saturday, 8 May 2010
Hi, yes it's been a long time, sorry ! But I have been working on 'makes' and i will be putting them up here as soon as possible, in the mean time I thought I would share with you the makes that I have had published...two magazines, cloth paper scissors and making gifts ! They came across my other blog and asked to put my items in their articles... and I think they look wicked, I am going to start actually contacting magazines with my stuff so maybe i will get more coverage and I am already working on other projects for 'making gifts' magazine for the next issue...exciting ! both magazines have links to their websites if you click on the pictures of them on the right !