Hey there, new project today is an Inchie pendant/ clip meaning it can be either or both....
Okay what you need is shown in the first photo it is basically general craft stuff as always, paper, tools and embellishments, you won't need a lot as it's very little !
1. From a sheet of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper cut two 1 inch high strips, mark each inch with a tiny dash and then fold concertina style and glue the two strips together to make one long strip.
2. Cover two 1 inch cardboard/chipboard squares and decorate.
3. On the inside of one of the squares glue down a piece of ribbon approx 6 inches long in the centre ( this will tie the book together)
4. Glue each end of the strip to the insides of the covers and tie the ribbon around the front to keep bound.
5. You can decorate the inside pages however you like with miniature photos etc....GO WILD ! and make loads.
6. Now you can glue a wooden peg to the back so that you can peg this on to books note boards etc etc or you can make a hole in the top of the back cover, add a jump ring and then a piece of cord, ribbon or a chain and wear as a pendant on a necklace or make loads and have on a bracelet !
Sunday, 12 April 2009
Saturday, 4 April 2009
Sorry it's been so long but my scanner just won't play ball so I have photographed my template please excuse the spilt tea stains !
Most of the measurements are in inches but where the size was quite small I have used centimetres, make sure that the scored sides when folded are on the outside, use brown gummed parcel tape and leave to dry before painting or covering or if you are super confident and have a really strong glue you can glue them edge to edge and hold till dry !
If you can't quite make out the sizes double click on the photo and it will go to it's original size on another window !
I have also forgotten to add the measurement of the triangle, from the 3 inch wall height it is a further 3 cms then the line for the fold of the roof...
From my blog I have put a short 'how to' make here for the coloured ruff hanging decorations.
You will need:
cardstock or decorative papers
selection of paper punches
decorative edged scissors
needle and thread
coloured crepe paper/ streamers
1. Firstly Cut a length of crepe paper roughly 2 inches wide and 1 metre long and cut one of the long sides with the decorative edge scissors.
2. Using the needle and thread use a loose tacking stitch on the straight edge the push all the paper to the anchored stitch ( the first stitch) and pull into a circle and stitch both edges together.
3. Dab some glue along the outside edge of the ruff and then shake over glitter, leave all to dry.
4. While they are drying punch out circles from the papers and cardstock and embellish how you like just make sure to make 2 for each ruff so one goes on each side.
Also cut lengths of string and knot into a loop to hang decorations by.
5. When dry glue both embellished circle pieces one to each side but don't forget to lay a knotted loop to one side of the decoration before gluing a side on.
Hang up and make as many as you like :)
Don't forget you can change all the colours and materials and make some really lovely ones for any occasion or just to decorate your room or even for easter ....